If you file chapter 13 and find that you cannot make your payments, there are a couple of options that you have. Number one is to modify or amend the initial plan that you proposed. Perhaps we can lower the monthly payment and allow you to stay in the chapter 13, or if you find that that's not possible, you can also convert your case, change it over to a chapter 7, where you don't have to make payments.